For some reason...

Aiding and Abetting  gets a lot of attention here. Oh well, I'll just let Karma continue to work its magic. I love it when lawyers take a case that ends up going south.

Alexa keeps me posted on the Bankruptcy proceedings.

Overview of the Incident and Legal Actions
  • The Crash: On July 17, 2023, a 16-year-old employee at Fuller's Car Wash in downtown Hinsdale accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake while exiting the wash tunnel. The Jeep struck Sean Richards on the sidewalk and crashed into a nearby sandwich shop, injuring three others. [1, 2, 3]
  • The Lawsuit: Represented by Clifford Law Offices, the family filed a wrongful death lawsuit in December 2023 against the car wash owners, managers, and the driver's father, alleging the business ignored prior unaddressed safety incidents. [1, 2, 3]
  • Criminal Findings: Following a joint investigation by local police and the DuPage County State's Attorney’s Office, the teenage driver faced three traffic citations but no criminal charges, as authorities determined it was a tragic accident rather than reckless driving. [1, 2]
  • Bankruptcy & Claim: Fuller's Car Wash subsequently filed for federal bankruptcy. In response, the Richards family filed a massive $500 million compensatory and punitive damages claim in the bankruptcy proceedings to push for public safety accountability. [1, 2, 3]
 

Recent Developments: Co-owner Doug Fuller also sought a separate restraining order/no-contact court filing against the parents, which the family's representatives have disputed. 

I bet you can hear Capra getting fatter. I bet it's fucking loud! 

Comments